Parkinson's Disease: Complementary & Alternative Medicine - Free Consultation via Facebook * Chat With Us Today
Free Online Class: Walk Better For People With Parkinson's Disease, Healing Through Words
Do you know someone with Parkinson's disease? Walk Better for People With Parkinson's Disease, Healing Through Words by Kimberly Burnham, PhD (Integrative Medicine). Free Class, Energetic Download and Notes at http://skl.sh/2BHbeAr and https://www.skillshare.com/r/profile/Kimberly-Burnham/1982084
Are you one of the ten million people worldwide living with Parkinson's disease? Is someone you love losing their independence or their ability to walk due to Parkinson's disease?
Possibly you have found success in medications and surgery. Perhaps you are looking for other ways to decrease the tremors in your hands, so you can enjoy a dinner out with friends. Maybe you want to improve your walking or are a lifelong runner who has had to give up exercise because of the stiffness in your legs and the pain in your back. Maybe you want to read this book to learn some easy ways to balance your brain chemistry and feel more expressive, more focused, and more successful.
ACUPUNCTURE, REIKI, CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY
Have you tried acupuncture for the symptoms of Parkinson's disease? Have you been thinking about how Craniosacral therapy, Integrative Manual Therapy or Reiki could improve your life?
MATRIX ENERGETICS or EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUE (EFT)
Maybe someone has talked to you about the benefits of Matrix Energetics, Emotional Freedom Technique's light tapping or Nature's Sensational Medicine. Perhaps you have never even heard of any of these things but your are searching for something that will help you feel better and are open to something new.
There is a saying, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks," but do you know the second part of the saying?
"The fastest way to become an old dog? .... Stop learning new tricks."
Yes, some of these exercises can seem crazy but before you decide, spend two minutes doing one of the many exercises, visualizations, movements. Spend some time looking at the colors around you or reading the research from ancient Traditional Chinese Medicine or the latest article from Amy Cuddy, a Harvard professor who has found that two minutes of "Power Posing" or standing in a Wonder Woman or Superman posture can improve testosterone levels, literally making you a more powerful leader. Striking a two minute pose, standing or moving in a particular way also decreases cortisol levels, which makes you more adaptable and less stressed.
Read the research linking dopamine to the energy of your gallbladder, even if it has been removed. In Acupuncture the gallbladder meridian is associated with the color green. It is, along with the liver a Wood Element. What if visualizing the color green flowing through your body, through your brain, through your liver and gallbladder could improve your control of movement, walking, or your facial expressions? Would it be worth spending two minutes a day?
What if visualizing yourself moving in a smooth controlled conscious way could help you in the real world to drive more safely, walk without falling and enjoy your family more. Read the research on motor imagery, on using the mind to heal the brain, on the response of dopamine to physical exercises as well as imaginative rehabilitation.
Imagination is being able to see something before it is visible before it is real in your life.
Would your life improve if you were more confident and compassionate or less angry and disappointed? What would change in the here and now if you could imagine a future with a full and independent life?
What if spending a few minutes a day thinking about disgusting food could improve your basal ganglia function. The basal ganglia is the part of the brain where surgically the deep brain stimulator is placed to suppress unwanted movements like ticks and tremors. What if your emotions could flow along the pathways that also light up the basal ganglia, making it possible for you to stand up, walk and turn as you navigate your world with more ease?
WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO FEEL BETTER?
What do you have to let go of to harness the healing in your own hands and in your own mind? Are you consciously using touch to improve your independence, your movement or your comfort?
Read this book for the easy ways to balance your brain chemistry and feel more expressive, more focused, and more successful
Look in these pages for other ways to decrease the tremors in your hands, so you can enjoy a dinner out with friends.
Improve your walking or get back to exercising by improving the stiffness in your legs and the pain in your back.
Easy tips and exercises to use in daily life from the fields of:
Integrative Manual Therapy
Osteopathic Manual Medicine
Emotional Freedom Technique
Acupressure / Acupuncture Therapy
5 Elements Theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Nature's Sensational Medicine
Originally Posted in Our Community of Humanity at Inner Child Magazine
Chronic Pain, From An Alternative Medicine Perspective
Pain abounds in our community, but so too does joy and success and creative solutions.
The pain in a child's face, tears streaming after a fall on the grassy hill or the scratch of a tree branch.
The pain of loss with the death of an uncle.
The pain of sore muscles after a 100 mile bicycle ride.
The pain of a chronically injured shoulder stiff in the morning.
The pain of rejection of a friend shaming you in public.
What to do about all the pain?
Noticing someone else's pain, reaching out to them and doing what we can to alleviate the pain is a sign of brain health. It can be scary to see someone in pain. I might wonder if their pain is contagious. Will I have pain if I help them? Seeing someone in pain can also make me wonder about my own fragility and vulnerability to pain. But reaching out with caring and compassion strengthens the connections in my brain, improves my clarity and cognitive function.
Medical research also indicates that from a brain perspective and perceptual point of view there is very little difference between social emotional pain and physical pain. The children's taunt, "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me!" is simply not true.
So what can I do with my skills in complementary and alternative medicine to help my community find the creative solutions? What does Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupressure, CranioSacral Therapy, Matrix Energetics or Reiki have to say about pain and all the ways to alleviate it?
Color Yourself Comfortable
Traditional Chinese Medicine
shines the way
catching bits of colored light
striking eyeballs and skin
penetrating inward to the emotional body
shifting physical and emotional pain
Yellow the color of the stomach and spleen
fuels immune and detoxification
on the clock at work
exchanging nutrients for toxins
The color of bile
rises and soothes anger
green the nourishing light of a cool forest
Heart beat red
colors of blood flow
rich in iron
nutrients digested in the small intestine
A large white breath
drawing in the color of snow
assuaging the grief of loss
with oxygen on the path to muscles
breathe in plus a long breath out
find that sweet spot of comfort
Blue flows the water elements
the kidney deciding what will stay
and what goes forward and out
draining fear from life
leaving in its place joy and comfort
Acupressure Hands Healing Pain
Three points times two
improving pain conditions
soothing the autonomic nervous system
In the neck
GB 21, SI 14 and SI 15,
In the arms
LI 4, LI 10 and LI 11
she said it feels better
my neck moves easier
the muscles soft and supple
racing heart slowing
to a calm even beat
- Research from Matsubara, T., Y. C. Arai, et al. (2011). "Comparative effects of acupressure at local and distal acupuncture points on pain conditions and autonomic function in females with chronic neck pain." Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2011." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2952311/pdf/ECAM2011-543291.pdf
Subatomic Light Visualization: Where Exactly is the Pain?
This exercise and visualization can be used for any part of the body. Here we focus on the neck and shoulders.
1. Take a couple of deep breaths and close your eyes. Rest the eyelids and turn vision and intuition inward.
2. Start to focus on the neck and shoulders. Make sure your hands and arms are in a relaxed position. Let your elbows and shoulders relax. Feel your head sitting comfortably on top of the neck with your spine aligned. Be loose and supportive.
3. Name the structures as you relax them. Relax your right shoulder, elbow, wrist and fingers. Focus on the left shoulder. How does it feel different as you relax the muscles in both shoulders?
4. Feel the fabric of the clothing on your shoulders. Is it easier to notice the top of the shoulder or the upper arm where the fabric meets the skin? Feel the clothing or fabric or air as it meets your skin throughout your body.
5. Now focus on a deeper layer. Which side is more comfortable? Can you visualize and feel the muscles, ligaments, tendons, cartilage, bones, blood vessels, nerve fibers and all the tissues that make up your shoulders, neck and throat.
6. Move inward to a smaller layer - the cellular level. Notice the difference in the color of muscle cells and red blood cells. Feel the density and flexibility in the bone cells compared with the tendon cells.
7. Then go even deeper. Embrace life inside the cells, each cell as it listens.Notice the activity of the cell walls pulsing positive and negative. What are the tiny organelles within the cells doing. Here lie the mitochondria, the powerhouse of the cells and the genetic material. Feel the movement as the cells of the right shoulder breathes - taking in oxygen and releasing carbon dioxide. Is there a sense of comfort at this level?
8. Then deeper still into the realm of atoms. Notice the carbon atoms with electrons spinning around neutrons and protons. Feel the space at the atomic level with a stable core around which electrons circle, balanced in their orbits. Does the front of the neck feel different from the back of the neck at this level? Is there comfort at the atomic vibration?
9. Then telescope into the weird and wacky realm of quantum physics, quarks and bits where electrons pop in and out of existence, where nothing is real and everything is vital. Feel the flow in your shoulders as electrons pop in and out of existence, spinning free in space, where they have as much space as they want., where photons and bits of light shine out through the neck and shoulders with warmth, compassion and creativity.
10. Now look around this tiny universe inside your shoulder at the cells and tissues that make up the muscles, ligaments, tendons, cartilage, bones, blood vessels, nerve fibers and all the tissues that create the reality of your shoulders, neck and throat.
11. Notice again the feeling of the fabric of your clothing on your skin. Does the temperature feel different where there is a sweater or a shirt or bare skin touching the air?
12. Breathe in some of that air and expand your senses out into the room as you feel the air in the room. Is it still or moving? What do you hear around you? And finally when you are ready open your eyes and notice all the things that have changed in you and in your surroundings.
Visualizing yourself with an expanded sense of ease. Meditating on the ways to bring success and comfort to all those in your community of humanity as you reach out to yourself and others with compassion.
Home of the Daily Peace Challenge. Learn about world peace - one word and one language at a time. (c) Kimberly Burnham, 2020
Peace Dictionary, The Meaning of Peace and Calm in 4000 languages
Looking for grant money to complete my peace project
Kimberly Burnham, PhD (Integrative Medicine)
860-221-8510 phone and what's app. Skype: Kimberly Burnham (Spokane, Washington)
Author of Awakenings, Peace Dictionary, Language and the Mind, a Daily Brain Health and P as in Peace, Paix and Perdamiam: an Inner Peace Journal To Stimulate The Brain
imberly Burnham, The Nerve Whisperer, Brain Health Expert, Professional Health Coach for people with Alzheimer's disease, Memory Issues, Parkinson's disease, Chronic Pain, Huntington's Ataxia, Multiple Sclerosis, Keratoconus, Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Neuropathy, Traumatic Brain Injuries, Spinal Cord Injuries, Brain Health Coaching ... Contact Kimberly Burnham in Spokane Washington (860) 221-8510 NerveWhisperer@gmail.com.
Chat with Kimberly about Parkinson's, Poetry or other Brain related issues.
Not Taking Advantage of Your Amazon Author's page?
Kimberly Burnham helps authors get their books out into the world more broadly by improving their free Amazon Author's page and book pages, posting a book review on her blog and on her LinkedIn Pulse blog (over 12,000 followers) Promotion packages start at $50. Contact her at NerveWhisperer@gmail.com. See her Amazon Author's Page.
See her list of publications including her latest book of brain health meditations, Awakenings: Peace Dictionary, Language and the Mind, a Daily Brain Health Program.
Designed to enhance memory, creativity, and inner peace, Awakenings: Peace,Dictionary, Language and the Mind, a Daily Brain Health Program is available free of charge as a Kindle eBook on February 14-15, 2019. [Click Here].
Please share and write a review on Amazon.
I am looking for guest blog opportunities and a position as poet-in-residence. My current project is writing dictionary poems using words in different languages for the English word "peace." You can read some of my poems on Poemhunter .
As poet-in-residence I would write poems on different words in different languages and broadcast them throughout the social media blogosphere. Each poem would link back to your site where the word or language appeared.
I would expect some sort of stipend and a six month to one year placement. Please contact me for details if your organization is interested in having a poet-in-residence to help get your message out. Nervewhisperer@gmial.com
Buy the print or eBook, review Awakenings then contact Kimberly for a free 20 minute brain health consultation. Email or Phone
(Regular rates $120 per hour or 10 sessions for $650.)