Eyesight & Vision Exercises
Happy New Year. I look forward to consulting with people who want better movement, pain-free comfort, internal body communication and vision in 2018. Please contact me if you want to work with me in 2018.
Here are a few of the exercises I shared with clients around the world in 2012.
1. Sensational Medicine, healing the sensory system with new activities. You know the saying, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks. But do you know the second half? The fastest way to become an old dog? ... Stop learning new tricks. So in 2013 learn something new a new trick, observe a new sensation, notice something old in a new way. These are the ways to improve your brain and eye function. Pick something up every day and notice the shape, color, texture, sound, taste, smell, temperature, consistency, and how the parts make up the whole and how it is connected to its surroundings. How is it similar or different from what is around you.
2. Blinking exercise like pushups for the eyes. These exercises and more are about 28 minutes into this video http://consciousnessnow.tv/video/interview-with-kimberly-burnham-phd-on-the-2012-consciousness-raising-summit/ You can also read my blog posts which are part of my upcoming book, Harnessing the Placebo Effect, It Is Not What You Think, It Is What You Expect.
3. Tibetan eye chart for vision, insight and eyesight. Place the chart with the center line at eye level about an arm's length from your eyes. Moving only your eyes look at each of the outer circles, rotating your eyes in a clockwise direction. Do this twice then do two circle in a counterclockwise direction. Notice the colors and shapes. Then run your eyes through the center from top to bottom, then back to the top again several times. Then run your eyes back and forth a few times along each of the diagonal lines through the center. Notice the patterns, colors and shapes. Next make another circuit around the outer circles clockwise and counter clockwise. Lastly look up to the right, down to the left, up to the left and down to the right creating a figure eight pattern with your eyes. The chart is at http://kimberlyburnhamphd.com/Self-Care___Intake_Forms.html or email me for an attached picture.
4. Neck tapping gives your brain two different perspectives on the same activity, increasing your attention to sound, to what you hear in the world outside of you and the vibrations you hear inside of you. This is a great exercise to do in the morning to increase your conscious alertness and creativity during the day. Tap on the back of your neck with all of your fingers like you are playing a piano along the back of the neck. After a moment cover your ears with the heel of your hands and lightly tap again. Notice the difference in the sound, the tone, the loudness of the vibration, feel the feeling of your fingers on your neck and notice how the sound changes depending on whether you are covering your ears or not.
5. Darth Vader breathing for better hearing, decreased neck and jaw tension and relaxation before going to bed. Darth Vader breathing means to stand or sit and suck in the air making a sound like Darth Vader. The point is to make a sound as you draw in a deep breath. This ensures not only that you have a few breaths that are deep and fill your lungs with oxygen but also that your brain hears you breathing and is reassured, allowing you to relax.
6. Mindfulness eating for taste, smell and power. For two minutes before eating, stand or sit in the power pose (feet spread wider than shoulders, hands on hips, head up, spine elongated). Think about the food you are about to eat. The temperature, the color, the texture, the shapes, and more. What are you most grateful for?
For more exercises, ideas and book to help you sleep deeper, decrease stress and chronic pain, improve your balance and transform your life, visit Kimberly Burnham's Amazon author's page http://www.amazon.com/Kimberly-Burnham/e/B0054RZ4A0 (Parkinson's, Sleep, Vision, Balance and more...)
Leave a Reply.
Kimberly Burnham, PhD (Integrative Medicine)
860-221-8510 phone and what's app. Skype: Kimberly Burnham (Spokane, Washington)
4 Month Brain Health Coaching Package $600 includes: 8 one hour session (twice a month) plus ... Details Here
Regular Rate $120 per hour
Free 20-30 minute consultations available.. Call 860-221-8510 PST or email NerveWhisperer@gmail.com for an appointment this week.